Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I Pledge....

I can't tell you how many times I have talked on my phone while driving. I get bored and decided to call someone to chat for a couple of minutes. I have one thing I need to tell someone. It will just take a minute. I call to make dinner plans with friends. The traffic isn't bad. I'm careful. I'm aware. I don't text and drive. But, it just takes that one mistake to change your life forever. Kristin's blog changed my mind. Even knowing her story, I still thought the distraction of the phone was something I could deal with - like I said, I'm a good driver. Revisiting her story changed my mind. Please take some time to read her story and take the pledge. I want all of us to be around for a long time.

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate and I'm so glad I read her blog. I just kept thinking, "this could save my life or someone else's." Its not easy, mainly a habit that needs to be broken.

    ReplyDelete