Monday, February 15, 2010

Potato and Double-Corn Chowder

Yesterday I decided to try a new recipe in the ol' slow cooker. You will find that I love my slow cooker. It was good. Not great, but good. Next time, I think I'll add some shredded chicken. The best thing about the recipe, I love saying "chowder" (in my best Boston accent).


Potato and Double-Corn Chowder (from the Betty Crocker website)

1 bag (16 ounces) frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed (4 cups)
1 can (15.25 ounces) Green Giant® whole kernel corn, undrained
1 can (14.75 ounces) Green Giant® cream-style corn
1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon pepper

1. In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix all ingredients.
2. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours (or High heat setting 3 to 4 hours) to develop flavors.

(7 Weight Watcher points per serving)

3 comments:

  1. Uh...can you say "yum?". And I can hear you saying chowder too...heh! Think I might have to try it. We're big soup people in our house. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love saying CHOWDER in a New England accent too! I have two good recipes for chowder at home. I think the one I love has real potatoes, so that might make a better texture. I'm sure this one is good - love the crock pot too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that looks awesome and easy to make :-)

    ReplyDelete